CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few of my favorite things....

This is my cooling rack.  I have had it for a lot of years...it came out of an old refrigerator when we lived up in Crowheart.  It holds many loaves of bread and double batches of cookies.  It works great!

Can you guess what this is?  It is a jar opener.  I got it at a garage sale a few years ago, it works great on hard to open lids.  You can use both sides for different sized lids. 
 This is a great tool!  I use it a lot..for scooping cookies, making meatballs, and of course dipping ice cream.  Fabulous!
 These are simply the best.  I have 6 sets of measuring cups.  These are for liquids...you don't have to bend down to see how much you have..you look from the top!  4 cup, 2 cup, 1 cup and 1/4 cup with tbsp measurements.  I got these from Pampered Chef,  spendy but well worth it!  Well..everything Pampered Chef has is spendy. 
 This is another one of my sets of measuring spoons..rather scoops!  The sizes are, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 3/4, 1,1 1/2 and 2 cups.  How great are these!  I am lazy...hence the numerous sets of measuring cups..and spoons.  If you have several sets you don't have to stop and wash...ugh..Not me!  I got these and the set of measuring spoons below from the food truck.  The food truck, I have called it that since Jeri DeVries did it years ago!  It is actually Allison's pantry and we have a lady here in town you can order from...Billie Kellogg,if you want her number let me know.   They have all kinds of stuff, food, frozen food, spices which are priced great, cleaning stuff and cooking things.  Bad news is...they don't carry these cups and spoons anymore.  They come from Sweden or Switzerland and I guess they had a hard time getting them...lucky me!  Lucky child of mine who I will them too!!!
 These are 2 of my several sets of measuring spoons.  The silver ones are the ones I use the most..the narrow shape gets into most bottles.  I got them in Lander at Cabin Fever book store.  The black ones are good too, I don't use them much but I like them!  They are sizes 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 tsp, 2 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1 1/2 tbsp, 2 tbsp.  Again..the lazy factor comes in here..measure once for a recipe calling for 2 tsp!  I also don't like to take them apart.  I like them all together in their little set..the Chief on the other hand takes them apart...that annoys me to no end!  I think he does it on purpose!
 This is a bench scraper.  John and I have had this for over 25 years.  We were in Seattle WA one summer and went into a kitchen store...we were poor but splurged on this.  It is the best scraper. It has scraped goop off the table for years!
And this...well it is a cool jar.  I got it at a garage sale and it was filled with pot pourrie and Christmas lights with a tacky bow glued around it.  I yanked all that crap out of it and scraped the glue off the outside and tada!  Cool jar.  I know..doesn't take much to thrill me.  It is filled with double bubble gumballs.  I got a box of 850 at Sams in Casper!  I bought the gumballs for the soul purpose of filling my jar!  The gumballs are good for about a 5 minute chew..after that the gum is so tough your jaws ache!  This is the last of my gumballs..I will have to find some other tasty treat to fill it with.  
Oh..the red and white thing next to it..that is a recipe box that was Pootsies moms.  It has a ton of recipes in it that she made and my mom and aunts made.  I am a little pissy over another recipe box that I didn't get and someone else did who didn't even know the owner..can't mention names but I am NOT above stealing it if I ever find out where she lives and am invited over!  Ok, a lot pissy...I may hire someone to steal it for me!  For that reason, among others...I am going to hell. 
What are your favorite kitchen items? 
Enjoy

1 comments:

Bout3Bout4

I love my scoop like yours, and my new Panini maker!!!

Post a Comment