CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cornbread

I am always on the quest to find the perfect recipe.  I found one for brownies, bread, pie and now cornbread!  I have a ton of cookbooks and have tried numerous recipes for cornbread and they have all been less then most delicous.  It turns out you just need to know the right people when looking for a good recipe! 
This past May I went to Cornish Utah to welcome my very first granddaughter, Alivia Brittania Armajo, when I also discovered the perfect cornbread recipe.  Majas's sister and her family were there also and Kerri had planned a most delicoius dinner that included cornbread.  I made the gluten free pan for Maja and Kerri made the regular pan.  Both are, oh my gosh, most delicious! 
Last night the Chief made dinner, chili.  He makes a good pot of chili, and I made the cornbread. 

I wish I had taken a picture before I cut it...oh well. 


Look how moist and tender it is..it truely is most delicious!


Here is the Kirkman recipe for cornbread.  You're gonna love it!

1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp melted butter

Stir dry ingredients together and mix in the wet stuff.  Pour into a greased pan, not 9x13, the one just bigger then a 8 inch square. 
You can also make muffins too. 
Bake 350 til done...(I failed to write down how long) about 20 minutes or so. 

A little story of me and cornbread...when I was a little girl I remember my granny making cornbread for dinner.  I had never had it and when I took a bite it tasted like there was sand or dirt in it.  I was convinced that my granny had put sand in the cornbread.  From then on I did not like cornbread. 
I know...crazy huh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment