CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

I have been craving cinnamon rolls to this afternoon I mixed up a batch. 
I am not a very good blogger as Iforget to take pictures until I am well into the recipe or forget to take a finished picture until dinner is over.  I had begun making the dough when the light bulb went off to take a picture and blog! 
Here is my recip for Cinnamon Rolls
2 tbsp yeast
3 cups warm water
Put this into your mixing bowl and give it a stir.
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup (1 cube) butter
Melt these together in the microwave
To the yeast mixture add:
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 eggs
butter/shortening mixture
2 cups flour
Mix for 3 minutes.
Add about 8 cups more flour a few cups at a time.  Depending on the size of your mixer you may need to dump it onto the table and knead it all in. 
Once well kneaded put into a oiled bowl and let rise til double. 
Afte it has doubled punch down and divide in half.
Roll out into rectangle and spread with very soft butter...

 As you can see here I used melted butter...I prefer to use very soft butter that I can smear in.  Sprinkle with cinnamong and sugar.  I use a healthy amount of brown sugar.  The Chief prefers white sugar..interesting isn't it!  I prefer brown..he prefers white!


Roll up and then slice about 2 inches thick, or for thinner ones about an inch...

Once you have them cut, place into a greased pan and let them raise again til doubled.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or so. 



Turn out onto foil lined pan (easy clean up once they are gone!) and then frost....


Oh my gosh..these are most delicous! 

Icing Recipe
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup melted butter
3-4 tbsp cream or canned milk
Mix til creamy and then slather over the tops of the rolls.


I don't measure this..I just dump and hope for the best!  And my advice is to use cream!  I also dumped in some powdered vanilla too. 
Enjoy!









0 comments:

Post a Comment