CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lasagna and Enchiladas!!

This is another recipe that I have made for years and have never had a recipe for.  It is always most delicious!  Start with browing your hamburger, add some diced up onions if your family likes them.  When my kids were home they didn't like onions so I would cut them either really big so they were easeir to pick out or really small so they blended in.  Accomodating of me don't you think!  While your burger is browning boil your noodles to.  To figure out how many noodles you need line your pan with a couple layers of uncooked noodles so then you have the correct amount. 


Begin layering.  I always put a scoop of sauce on the bottom of my pan, then a layer of noodles, several scoops of the sauce...


a couple big spoons of cottage cheese.  Smear it around to cover the layer of sauce....

Then a layer of cheese.  I used a good handful and sprinkle it around.  Continue layering til your pan if full.  Bake 350 til hot and bubbly. 

My recipe for the sauce is just this:
brown your hamburger, drain grease. 
Add 2 cans of tomato sauce and a can of tomato paste
Season with a good palmful of Italian seasoning and Oregano.  You don't have to use both.  Salt and pepper. 
Taste, if it needs more of something I add it. 
My secret ingredient in all my tomato based dishes is a palmful of sugar.  It cuts the acidity of the tomato sauce. 

One for my family and one for my mother!


For the enchiladas, I use the recipe in the Pioneer Woman cookbook.  It is a multiple step recipe but very most delicous!  Here goes!!

You need to heat some oil and lightly fry your corn tortillas to make them plyable.  I put them in the hot oil covering both sides and take them right out and put them on a paper towel lined plate to drain..

Here they are all limp and ready to roll!
First dip them into yoru sauce.  I found out today that making the sauce ahead of time and letting it cool doesn't burn your fingers when you dip them.  I have tried using tongs to dip them but the tortillas are too fragile and they rip. 

Lay the dipped tortilla on a plate, put on a spoon of meat mixture, a dab of cheese and roll...
Place seam side down in your pan...
Pour leftover sauce over and top with cheese.  Bake til hot and bubbly!
Another one for me and another one for my mother! 
Simple, Perfect Enchiladas...from The Pioneer Woman Cooks, page 176

The Sauce
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp flour
cook in a pot for 1 minute then add
1 can (28 ounce) enchilada sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer while you prepare the rest.  I take it off the stove and set is aside.

The Meat

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion
2 cans diced green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
Brown the ground beef and onion, drain and stir in the green chilies.  Turn off heat and set aside.

In a small skillet heat some oil and lightly fry the corn tortillas.  Drain on paper towels. 
Dip tortilla in red sauce, place some hamburger and a little cheese, roll and place seam side down in baking dish.
Pour leftover sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese. 
Bake 350 for 20 minutes. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment