CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Suck!

Kasey is coming today and  I decided that I would make him some Oatmeal Scotchies, his favorite.  How hard can this be?  You get the bag of butterschotch chips and follow the recipe on the back.  Yeah, that was a good idea. 
I got the ingredients out and mixed them up according to package directions.  Got my handy dandy cookie scoop and put them on the cookie sheets.  Preheated the oven to 375 and put the first pan into bake for 9 minutes.  They were a little on the done side, and flat as pancakes.  Removing them from the cookie sheet was not easy as they didn't hold their shape and they fell apart easily.  I did another pan and baked them for 8 minutes..they looked a bit better, although, still flat and hard to remove from the cookie sheet with out breaking.  The third try I baked them for 8 minutes and still..flat.  I let them cool for a minute or so before taking them off the cookie sheet...not a good decision.  I had to chisel them off the cookie sheet...see the picture of the mess:
You can see the piles of the first two batches...the crumbled mess is the third and final cookie sheet...unfortunately I made a double batch.  The bag had pan cookie directions, which I followed.  Good grief...I'll let this picture speak for itself:

They don't look too bad...except the stuff on the bottom of the oven.  That is the overflow that gave my house a lovely aroma of burnt cookies! 

Here is the finished product.  Does not look most delicious.  I don't even like this kind of cookie.  I will not be making Oatmeal Scotchies ever again. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment